Abdominal ultrasound is an imaging procedure used to examine the internal organs of the abdomen, including the liver and kidneys. These organs can be looked at with an ultrasound machine.
Some of the reasons for Abdominal ultrasound testing are to:
- Determine the cause of abdominal pain
- Determine the cause of kidney infections
- Diagnose and monitor tumors and cancers
- Learn why there is swelling of an abdominal organ
- Look for damage after an injury
- Look for stones in the gallbladder or kidney
Interesting facts about ultrasound technicians - Here are some Interesting Facts You Never Knew about ultrasound techs.